Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 Monthly Challenge: January's Challenge - Jumping Jacks

Happy New Year all!!! Hope everyone had a safe and happy new year! I'm back with a new year and a new me!! I've received my personal trainer certification, but more on that later when I have more time.  Right now, being January 1st, I want to tell you about my new challenge; my 2014 monthly challenge. Each month, I will pick a different exercise in which we will do 2,014 reps.  1 exercise, 2,014 reps, 30 or 31 days, (and 28 in February!) Each exercise will average about 65-67 reps a day depending on the month, to equal 2,014 per month.  You can do them however you like, 100 a day, 500 a week, 130 a day with 2 days rest, etc.  It's up to you however you would like to get them in!!

We're going to start simple, and progress through the year, with each month becoming more challenging, mixing in cardio, arms, abs, etc.  For January, we're going to start with jumping jacks.  Just a simple jumping jack, low impact if you need, and it averages out to 65 a day....65 jumping jacks a day is nothing! It's less than 2 minutes out of your day! You can totally do that!!

So let's get started! Each month I will post a video of the exercise (I'll try to post a few days before the end of the month) so you know what to expect! Below is the jumping jack video, check it out, and always feel free to contact me with any questions, problems, or modifications.

Have fun, good luck, and happy jacking!!

Phitness Phoodie, AKA Lindsey

http://youtu.be/PVntzWEwXyw

No comments:

Post a Comment