Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

2014 February's Challenge!!

So, I've been doing this Commit 30 program with my Corefitness group, to get myself back where I know I can and should be. Healthy eating, intense workouts...all that fun stuff. I attempted the Whole 30 Challenge - it's a Paleo cooking/eating challenge for 30 days, and I'm 2 weeks in. To be honest, I have cheated. I'm not a fan of limiting anything from your diet, especially carbs and cheese from mine - I fully believe in 'everything in moderation'. So what I have been doing is SEVERLY limiting carbs and cheese, I eat them maybe once a week on a cheat day (a day I got a fantastic workout in, don't forget that!). Otherwise, everything I cook or eat is done Paleo. I've really developed a knack for cooking yummy dishes even though they are Paleo, just ask my fiancée!  It's also forced me to eat more of, and try new veggies! I've discovered I LOVE Brussels Sprouts! Who knew? I will be posting some of my favorite Paleo recipes I've done so far, Artichoke Pesto Chicken "Pasta", Turkey Meatballs and sauce (which my fiancée said was the best pasta and meatballs he's ever had, he's not following Paleo so he got to eat real pasta with it 😢) and many more.  

But anyway, onto why I'm really here!

We're almost to the end of January! How has everyone done with their jumping jacks? I have been doing them by the week, and I plan on doing all 488 today just to get them done so I'm ready to move on to February's challenge starting Saturday!
I hope you have all stayed motivated this month. It's probably the easiest month of the year to stay motivated with everyone and their "New Years resolutions". But don't quit once February comes! Stay on track, stay motivated, and most of all have fun, because that's what it's really all about. 

If you saw my teaser, February's challenge is some Glute fun! Hopefully by March, the weather will start getting nicer, and we'll all be out of our sweatpants and extra layers, so we need to make sure we have some rockin' butts to show off!

So for February, we're going to do donkey kicks! Below is a how-to video should anyone have any questions. But the basic breakdown per day, or per week is a little different than January since we have a couple less days. If you want to do them everyday, it comes out to 72 per day, or just make sure you get in 504 every week. (This is per leg! Not total! So yes, you will be doing 2,014 kicks on each leg by the end of the month!)

With donkey kicks, as you'll see in the video, I really like to stick to 50-100 at a time, so what I suggest is adding them into your regular workout routine. Pick a few of your favorite exercises, and do a few rounds, and add 50-100 donkey kicks (each leg, remember!) each round. You'll have done 2,014 in no time! 

As always, feel free to comment with any questions or issues. 
Happy kicking!


No comments:

Post a Comment